Launching the marketing of HTC One E9s in India could leave fairly indifferent Italian users, since this is a template that does not appear to be intended, for the time being, to our market.Still, HTC One E9s deserves equally to be cited for a detail present in the data sheet. 5.5 “HD screen is AMOLED type, a technology that the taiwanese manufacturer didn’t use since the time of the historic and popular first HTC Desire.
One E9s that fits in the category of phablet, is on the market with the following characteristics:
- 5 display “(1280 x 720 pixels) HD AMOLED
- Octa-Core 1.5 GHz SOC by MediaTek MT6752M with Mali-T760 GPU
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB of internal memory, expandable with microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HTC Sense interface
- Dual SIM dwarf
- 13MP camera with autofocus and LED Flash, video recording 1080 p
- Front camera with 1080 p video recording with sensor UltraPixel
- Size: 157.7 × 79.7 × 7.64 mm; Weight: 165 g
- Speaker BoomSound speaker with Dolby Audio
- 4 g LTE/3 g HSPA + connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS 4.1
- 2600mAh battery
HTC One E9s is marketed in India through Ebay priced 20.947 rupees (equivalent to about 280 euros). We have no confirmation at the time of the distribution in our country.
AMOLED screens have undoubtedly their throng of admirers and is therefore interesting to assess whether HTC will choose to offer them in the future in other models, or if it is solution to specific product categories that will not be deployed in our market. To anticipate the return of taiwanese manufacturer adoption of AMOLED screens had been in May this year the website Digitimes. According to his sources HTC would aim to contain the production costs by choosing a Chinese manufacturer of AMOLED which adopted an aggressive pricing policy (Hehui Optoelectronics).