Abbreviation or abbreviation is a shortened version of a word or term. They are often used to convey complex terms or long names quickly and clearly in both speech and text. It is important that the listener or reader understands what the abbreviation stands for or what it means. What is abbreviation and what impact do abbreviations have on SEO ?
Because this explanation focuses on search engine optimization, we do not distinguish between an abbreviation (part of a word such as etc.) or an acronym (the first letters of words such as KLM). This mainly concerns the use of abbreviations in texts and the influence on search engine optimization. So while the following example is strictly an acronym, we’ll treat this contraction as an abbreviation in the context of this page:
Search Engine Optimization = SEO
Although not everyone will immediately know what the letters SEO stand for, people who are engaged in online marketing will immediately know that it is about search engine optimization. The points are usually omitted, that certainly applies to a search.
Abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization
When an HTML page is optimized for search engines, it is important to take into account the terms that people are searching for. Short search terms are preferred for someone who has to type. Instead of “Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij” one will rather type “KLM”. Pages containing the word “KLM” are therefore more likely to be found. There are two reasons not to use just the main search term:
- Excessive use of one term can be seen as “ keywordstuffing” which is not allowed.
- By also using other spellings, the page will score better for deviating search terms.
Some abbreviations are so well established that the complete definition has little or no meaning for the reader, when the abbreviation is less known, writing it out in full at least once can provide clarity. Through semantic search, search engines are getting better at linking words that are related to each other. Consider using the same abbreviation for different terms.
All those abbreviations on Social Media
Kids love to use abbreviations and emoji during their digital conversations. But sometimes it’s hard to figure out what exactly they mean by that. Part two of the dictionary for social digitized people: abbreviations.
It sometimes seems Chinese when kids tap their friends on social media. This native language full of characters, capital letters and abbreviations is also known as digital language. Although these words often come over from America, digital language is not universal. Many people use the same emojis and abbreviations in different ways. It is therefore possible that you use a word very differently than your child.
Do you know the meaning of these popular abbreviations?
OLM: Parents are reading along
IDK: I don’t know, I don’t know
LOL: Laughing out loud, I’m laughing a lot
JWZ: You know it yourself
OMW: On My Way, I’m on my way
BRB: Be Right Back, I’ll be right back
OMG: Oh My God, Oh My God
DM: Direct message, a message on Instagram
2Nite: Tonight, tonight
Bae: Babe, honey or honey
BTW: By the way, by the way
G2g: Got to go, I have to go
FYP: For You Page, page on TikTok for virals
RT: Retweet, forward message
- Dialogue Meaning - Originating from the Latin concept dialŏgus (which, in turn, derives from a Greek word), a dialogue describes a conversation between two or more individuals, who present their ideas or affections alternatively to exchange positions. In that sense, a dialogue is also a discussion or contact that arises with the purpose of reaching an agreement. An… Read More »
- Detergent Meaning - A detergent is a substance that is used to clean as it has properties that allow it to remove dirt without affecting the material subjected to the cleaning process. The notion of detergent, therefore, allows us to name a type of product that is marketed so that people can remove dirt from dishes, cutlery, glasses… Read More »
- Thaw Meaning - Before proceeding to know the meaning of the term thaw, we are going to discover its etymological origin. In this case, we can state that it is a word that derives from Latin. It is exactly the result of the sum of two different parts: -The prefix “des-”, which indicates “negation” or the reversal of… Read More »
- Bewilderment Meaning - The idea of bewilderment has several uses. The first meaning that the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE) includes refers to the decomposition or disorder of the components of a machine or a body. The most common use of the concept, however, is linked to the confusion or daze that a person experiences when… Read More »
- Dermatitis Meaning - In order to know the meaning of the term dermatitis, it is necessary, first of all, to discover its etymological origin. In this case, we can establish that it is a word of Greek origin, since it is the result of the sum of two components of that language: -The noun “derma, dermatos”, which can… Read More »
- Boldness Meaning - The term boldness alludes to effort, courage, ardor or energy. This is a characteristic that can be noticed in the execution of certain actions. For example: “Swiss tennis player is trying hard to regain the top spot in the world ranking”, “The opposition is dedicated to aggressively attacking all our projects without even analyzing them”,… Read More »
- Crime Meaning - A crime is a behavior that, either by choice or recklessness, is contrary to what is established by law. The crime, therefore, implies a violation of the current norms, which makes it deserve a punishment or penalty. Beyond the laws, any action that is reprehensible from an ethical or moral point of view is known… Read More »
- Parenting Meaning - Upbringing is called the act and the consequence of raising: caring for, feeding and educating a living being, or producing or developing something. The concept is usually applied to the task carried out by the parents or guardians of a child during the first years of his life. For example: “There are various ways of… Read More »
- Round Bodies Meaning - In the field of geometry, a body is an element that has three dimensions: height, width and length. According to their characteristics, it is possible to distinguish between different types of geometric bodies. Round bodies have one or more curved surfaces or faces. This allows them to be differentiated from flat bodies or polyhedrons, composed… Read More »
- Theatrical Picture Meaning - The notion of theatrical frame is used with reference to the short parts into which a work can be divided. The concept of theatrical painting usually alludes to those scenes that take place without changing the scenery; its ending is characterized by the fact that the stage is empty for a moment, and because it… Read More »